Strategic Plan 2007
Current Strategic Objectives
- Extend RCNI’s knowledge base around the origins, impact, extent and responses to sexual violence in Ireland
- Engage with policy-makers, key institutions and wider society, on behalf of the RCNI membership, who use their experience to inform policies and social change agenda
- Harness the capacity of Rape Crisis Centres to develop and enhance their capacity to continue to act as pivotal agents in a community-based response to sexual violence.
- Address a portfolio of issues from a strategic perspective so that the RCNI and its members day to day practices maximise resources to mobilise a proactive response to practice and policy issues
- Support and assist the RCNI membership to agree and implement professional standards in the provision of services and to take on membership rights and responsibilities so as to strengthen the response to sexual violence and ensure that society takes responsibility for its eradication.
The Vision Statement of RCNI
Mission Statement of RCNI
Rape Crisis Network Ireland is uniquely located to identify authentic solutions to sexual violence though collaborative leadership and capacity building with key agencies. The RCNI reduces the impact of rape and sexual violence on the individual and works to create a society that understands the impact of rape and sexual abuse. Our professional expertise is continuously informed by a victim focus, research and our 15 member rape crisis centres.