Job Title: Financial and Network Administrator
Location: Smithfield, Dublin 7
Responsible to: RCNI Executive Director
Part time: 3 days per week
Salary: HSE Clerical grade IV €25,752 – 42,891
Closing date: 23rd July 2018
This post is funding dependent and we are recruiting for an initial 12 month period which may be extended.
Enquiries to: email@example.com
To apply: Email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘Application’
RCNI is the specialist sexual violence institution charged with a strategic role in creating change towards ending sexual violence in Ireland, improving responses to survivors of crime and holding perpetrators to account. We are owned and governed by our member Rape Crisis Centres. www.rcni.ie
The purpose of the Administrator post is to ensure the smooth running of the national office by undertaking administrative and financial duties and programme support, and to work as a member of the RCNI staff team towards achieving the aims and objectives of the organisation. The administrator is a part of a small, energetic and passionate team working with a diverse network of members and others nationwide creating change. The RCNI is a feminist organisation which seeks to provide, as far as possible, a rewarding work life with support and growth opportunity for all our staff.
Summary of Main Responsibilities:
- Public Relations
- Maintenance of the office
- Maintenance of information systems
- Providing administrative and financial support to RCNI and our programmes
- Monitoring finance and budget preparation
- Participation in RCNI team meetings
- RCNI Register and vetting support
1. Public Relations
- Ensure that all incoming communications are processed;
- Ensure that requests from member groups and others are received and dealt with directly, or passed on to the appropriate member of staff;
- Updating online and social media platforms as directed.
2. Maintenance of the office
- Maintain of the office equipment;
- Monitor and order materials, office goods and services;
- Ensure that incoming mail is received, sorted and distributed and outgoing mail is prepared for dispatch;
- Manage day to day running of office, including Health & Safety premises issues.
3. Maintenance of information systems
- Support accessible systems for information storage and retrieval and ensure that staff can use them;
- Co-maintenance and updating of RCNI website with team;
- Maintenance and data management of information we control and process;
- Assist in maintenance of RCNI Programmes;
- Maintain Registrar of RCNI Trained and Accredited Counsellors;
4. Provision of administrative support
- Contribute to fundraising activities through the development of budget proposals and supporting desk research;
- Assist with the co-ordination of the Annual Report;
- Circulate papers for meetings and other documentation to members, within agreed time frames;
- Keep records of membership, Board of Management members, advisors, and ensure the organization’s legal documentation is maintained and various registration obligations are up to date;
- Assist with event management of RCNI events, including public meetings, conferences, training events, AGM, committees;
- Assist with booking of accommodation and venues, board meetings and events.
5. Monitoring finance and budget preparation
- Implement systems for monitoring and recording petty cash and cheque payments;
- Reconcile incoming invoices, make payments and issue receipts;
- Prepare bank and credit card transactions and reconciliations;
- Process salary and expenses payments;
- Prepare annual and monthly cash flow and financial projection charts;
- Prepare all RCNI accounts for annual audit purposes;
- With the Director, prepare budgets and budget monitoring reports on financial matters for the Board of Management.
6. Participation in supervision and in RCNI team meetings
- Write reports for and attend supervision sessions with the Director;
- Participate in team meetings;
- Contribute to operational planning in the organisation.
7. Other Duties
- Any other duties that from time to time may be appropriate
The successful candidate will be committed to high standards and collaborative working and with a high level of professionalism and attention to detail and deadlines in their approach to their work.
- An appropriate third level qualification or equivalent experience in financial administration and information management;
- Excellent IT skills – excellent spreadsheet skills, MS Office Skills, knowledge of computerized financial systems an advantage;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of office administration and preparation of financial information for management purposes;
- The ability to collect, evaluate and interpret financial data, and present management accounting information in an appropriate format ;
- The ability to use initiative to work methodically with minimum supervision, often under time pressure;
- The ability to prioritise workload, and at times assist in the administrative workload of other staff;
- Effective communication skills, particularly the ability to explain technical and financial information in an accessible way;
- A commitment to the ethos of the organization.
- Evidence of professional bookkeeping technician level training or qualification;
- Website updating and social media experience;
- Understanding of GDPR data governance;
- Understanding of the issues affecting people who have experienced sexual violence.
Please be assured we will protect your confidentiality in this process. Our retention policy on CVs and other personal data you have shared with us in recruitment is as follow: we will retain you CV for 12 months after the process has closed. If you are successful and become and employee we will retain your personal details for seven years after your position with us is terminated.