Rape Crisis Network Ireland (RCNI)
Communications & Information Coordinator
RCNI is seeking to employ a Communications & Information Coordinator to manage information flow at all levels from public engagement on sexual violence prevention to connecting remote rape crisis workers with their community of peers nationwide.
RCNI is a small, dynamic and generally cheerful team working to support best practice and the prevention of sexual violence. We create space to reflect, innovate and develop strategies and tools towards those ends. We are owned and governed by member rape crisis centres and serve all survivors. Our engagement is from the frontline through to national government and whole of society.
Under the direction of the executive director
- to ensure the effective flow of information across multiple levels with distinct information needs,
- to streamline prioritised information,
- to minimise duplication and overload,
- to connect the community of remote workers and isolated survivors,
- to enable good information sharing of RCNI information with all relevant parties from the government and funders through to the public.
- Work with the team and stakeholders to assist in identifying, and facilitate generating and disseminating evolving data and information needs.
- Represent RCNI as relevant, including at interagency fora
- Manage public messaging
- Maintain public platforms
- Event (online) management
- Manage Media and PR
- Drafting statements and press releases
- Other matters as directed.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Good Systems analysis
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent team work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Very good working knowledge of office, networking and communications platforms
- Feminist analysis of sexual violence
- Media and public awareness experience
- Relevant 3rd level qualification
- Knowledge of the sector/issue
- Social media and web maintenance skills.
Reporting to: Executive Director
Hours: Minimum 21hrs and negotiable.
Remuneration: Administrative Officer pay scale (12 pts from 29,742 to 56,415)
Terms of Contract: 1 year. Probation period 6 months. After 1 year the contract will be reviewed with a view to renewal in consideration of the ongoing Pandemic circumstances and the evaluated needs of the organisation as well as the securing of ongoing funding. All posts are subject to funding.
Please note that given circumstances this is a rapid recruitment process. Candidates must be available to start immediately.
Please send your completed application questions (below) and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday Tuesday 7th April 2020 with the subject line ‘recruitment’.
Please answer these questions in less than 300 words each.
- Why do you feel you are suitable for this role with particular attention to the skills and competencies required of the role?
- How do you think you will contribute to and work with the existing team and our work?
- What do you understand by a feminist analysis of sexual violence and why do you think it is presumed to be important for this role?
Name and contact details (preferably phone) of 2 referees.