This page carries details of job opportunities within the sector. If you would like to post your vacancy here, please contact us. Current vacancies
- Rape Crisis North East (RCNE), Fully Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist – closing date 11 November 2022
Rape Crisis North East (RCNE) are recruiting a Fully Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
Rape Crisis North East provides a professional, free counselling & support services to survivors of all types of sexual violence. It is committed to delivering its services with care and professionalism and continues to strive to ensure that it provides the best service for all its clients.
RCNE is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual to join the team.
The Counsellor will be primarily responsible for delivering one-to-one counselling and support to clients presenting issues relating to rape and sexual abuse for one day a week in the counselling centre in Dundalk and one day a week in our outreach service in Castleblayney.
(Part time – 14 hours – 2 Days a Week)
The ideal candidate will:
- Be fully qualified & an accredited member of a recognised body such as IACP, IAHIP, PSI, ICP.
- Have experience in working with sexual violence.
- Have experience in working with adolescent and adult clients.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathise.
- Work as part of the Clinical Team.
- Report to the Manager of RCNE.
The successful candidate shall be required to:
- Work within the ethos and philosophy of RCNE.
- Provide face to face counselling to survivors of sexual violence.
- Liaise with clients and their families as appropriate with regard to assessments, outcomes, interventions and reviews.
- Receive ongoing supervision.
- Actively participate in RCNE internal meetings e.g. staff meetings, clinical meetings as appropriate.
- Complete the Specialised Rape Crisis Sexual Violence Training.
- Periodically liaise with other professionals and organisations as appropriate.
- Take responsibility for one’s own continued professional development.
- Keep up to date with best practice and procedures in line with the Code of Ethics of IACP, IAHIP, PSI or equivalent governing body.
- Flexibility is required as you may be required to work outside of opening hours.
(Scale for this post is based on Professional Qualified Social Worker pro rata) Note: the successful candidate will be required to complete a Garda Vetting application form. Please email your resume to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Friday 11 November 2022. Interviews will be held in November 2022.