This page will carry details of job opportunities within the sector. If you would like to post your vacancy here, please contact us.
Wexford Rape Crisis (WRC): Adolescent Psychotherapist Vacancy
Adolescent Psychotherapist (experienced and qualified to work with adolescents and young people, ranging in age from 12–25 years). Also to provide parental/carer support to parents of young people affected by DSGBV.
Wexford Rape Crisis is a service offering counselling to women, men and young people who have been affected in any way by Domestic, Sexual or Gender-Based(DSGBV). In addition, we offer support counselling to a partner, family member or friend who is supporting the person who has been abused.
Adolescent Psychotherapist Requirements: We invite applications from qualified and accredited Adolescent Psychotherapists to provide individual counselling services specifically to support young people/adolescents with domestic, sexual abuse, sexual assault, rape, gender-based violence or any kind of sexual trauma in their lives. The role will also involve supporting parents/guardians of those children affected by DSGBV.
Candidates must possess:
- An accredited qualification in counselling/psychotherapy (minimum Diploma level, ideally with master’s qualification) recognised by IACP or IAHIP.
- An accredited qualification in counselling/psychotherapy (minimum Diploma level, ideally at master’s level) in child and/or adolescent psychotherapy recognised by the Irish Association for Play Therapy & Psychotherapy (IAPTP) or other relevant body.
- A minimum of 2 years post-qualification experience in working directly with young people.
- Located in Wexford town. Travel may be required to outreach clinics in Co. Wexford.
- Accredited with IACP or IAHIP.
- Experience of working with adolescent survivors of domestic, sexual abuse or gender-based violence.
- A flexible approach and an ability to handle a varied workload.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well under own initiative.
It would be advantageous to be qualified and accredited to work with adult clients.
To Apply: Please send a letter of application, together with a CV and the names of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Clare Williams on 053 91 22722.
Deadline: Friday 25th March 2022 at 5pm. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 5th April in Wexford town. The role will be offered for 4days a week (28hours per week) on 3 year contract subject to completion of a probationary period. Salary is commensurate with experience and continued funding.
CHARITY NO: CHY 12420. Wexford Rape Crisis is funded by Tusla.